We are looking for a summer intern to join the content team to help teach Mathematics, build high quality courses and show the beauty we see in the subject to a new generation of Mathematicians.
What does the role involve?
- Help create Brix’s online content
- Collaborate with the CEO and Head of Education to define learning objectives and design and write content
- Think critically about pedagogy
- Work closely with students to ensure effectiveness of content
- Continually develop knowledge of Maths and Maths teaching
- Record pen and blackboard tutorial videos
- Write questions
- Research Maths education, MathsEd Theory and EdTech
What else can I expect from the role?
- Contribute to defining the Brix educational philosophy and teaching method
- Help define the strategic direction of the company
What skills and qualities do I need?
- At least one year into a Mathematical degree from a top tier university
- A passion for Mathematics and a desire to share that passion with as many people as possible
- An ability to express complex ideas in simple ways
- Great writing and communication skills
- An interest in teaching and pedagogy
- Some teaching or tutoring experience is a bonus
- A desire to work in a fast paced, exciting startup environment
- An eye for detail
- A sense of fun